Beer is an alcoholic beverage that many people around the world prefer to drink. It possesses a greater amount of protein and vitamin B content than wine, while its antioxidant content is equivalent to that of wine. Hops is the major component for brewing beer. It contains rich sources of flavonoids, which are very powerful antioxidants. It is also a very good source of certain minerals that play essential roles in various metabolic processes. If it’s taken in moderate quantities, it can definitely boost your health in many different ways.
These are 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Drink “ONE” Beer a day:
- Beer can lower bad cholesterol, as it contains fiber that effectively reduces LDL cholesterol levels.
- Beer has been shown to effectively prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Beer supports the health of your kidneys, and a bottle of this drink daily lowers the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.
- Beer strengthens your bones, as the high silicon content leads to higher bone density.
- Beer boosts the vitamin B levels, as it is a rich source of several B vitamins (B1, B2, B6, and B12). Experts also claim that people who drink beer have 30 percent higher levels of vitamin B6 than their non-drinking counterparts, and double the levels of wine drinkers. Beer is also high in vitamin B12.
- Beer greatly lowers the risk of a heart attack, and scientists have shown that beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent lowered risk of suffering a heart attack in comparison to non-beer drinkers.
- Beer contains lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, which help you fall asleep easily.
- Beer supports the proper function of the brain, and beer drinkers have a lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Beer will make your skin healthy, youthful and smooth, as its vitamins have a beneficial effect on pigmentation and regenerate the skin.
- Beer helps you fight stress. The findings of a study conducted at the University of Montreal showed that the consumption of two glasses of beer daily reduces work-related stress or anxiety.