Hormones are essential chemical substances in humans and animals. In the human body, hormones influence almost every cell, organ and function. They regulate our growth, development, metabolism, tissue function, sexual function, reproduction, the way our bodies use food, the reaction of our bodies to emergencies and even our moods.
The Role of Estrogen in Women
Estrogen is produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands and other tissues and it is uniquely responsible for the growth and development of female sexual characteristics and reproduction in both humans and animals
In women, estrogen affects not only the breasts and uterus, but also the brain, bone, liver, heart and other tissues.
Estrogen controls growth of the uterine lining during the first part of the menstrual cycle, causes changes in the breasts during adolescence and pregnancy and regulates various other metabolic processes, including bone growth and cholesterol levels.
Estrogen dominance is a very common health issue. If you have estrogen dominance and you know all the symptoms of this condition, you also need to be informed what to do. However, before we give you one very effective and simple protocol to help you balance your hormones, let us first number the 10 most common symptoms of estrogen dominance
- Abnormal menstrual periods
- Bad PMS (breast tenderness/swelling, mood swings, and headaches)
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Hair loss
- Low libido
- Brain fog
- Sluggish metabolism
- Weight gain (especially hips and abs)
- Trouble sleeping
If you want to maintain a healthy hormonal balance in your body, follow these tips:
Step 1: Eliminate Xenoestrogens
“xenoestrogen,” is one of the many chemicals we are expose daily. This chemical can mimic estrogen in our body, so in order to avoid its adverse effects you need to stop or avoid using the following things:
- Plastic water bottles
- Plastic Tupperware
- Tap water
- Toiletries, cosmetics and makeup
- Non-organic dairy products
- Soy protein isolate
- BPA cans
- Dryer sheets
- Birth control pills
Step 2: Efficient Elimination
This next step is very important to remove the estrogen from your body and prevent its reentrance in the bloodstream in case you have chronic constipation. So make sure you have daily bowel movements. In case you don’t:
- Increase the consummation of fiber-rich foods and vegetables
- Consume probiotics such as yoghurt, kefir and tempeh
- Drink 2-3 l of water daily
- Take magnesium citrate supplements or Triphala
Moreover, to make a body detoxification and remove all the waste in your body you should also:
- Breathe deeply to support your lungs
- Go to sauna or exercise to stimulate sweating
- Massage your body to support the lymph
- Eliminate dead skin cells with dry brush
Step 3: Improve Liver Health and Estrogen Detoxification
A liver that functions well, effectively removes estrogen. In the first stage, the liver turns harmful estrogen in a weaker form and in the next stage it converts the estrogen into a water-soluble form. In this form, the estrogen is removed through the urine or stool.
However, if the body lacks essential nutrients, the liver won’t be able to fulfill its function. Also, the function of the liver will be decreased if the body is full with other harmful chemicals, accumulated due to the use of alcohol, drugs or processed foods.
If you want to maintain the normal function, or to boost the function of your liver you should:
- Drink lots of filtrated water
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Avoid overeating
- Each a real, whole-foods based diet
- Take B-vitamins (B6, B12 and Folic Acid)
- Eat foods that support liver health, such as garlic,kale, dandelion greens, beets, eggs, dark leafy greens, onions, broccoli, artichoke , leeks, shallots,cabbage,brussels sprouts, etc.)
- Supplement with botanicals that boost the function of the liver, such as: red clover, rosemary, burdock, barberry, milk thistle, ginger , dandelion root, Oregon grape root, gentian, wild yam,..
In addition, try out some effective detox program using medicinal herbs that are made using 100% USDA organic ingredients and also laxative-free, such as dandelion root, milk thistle seed (it improves liver detoxification), yerba mate and matcha ( for body energizing ), or valerian root and passion flower to relax, and soothe anxious thoughts. In this way you will kick start your metabiolism and improve your overall health condition.