Matcha (which literally means ‘powdered tea’) and it’s a special form of green tea that is usually grown in Japan. Unlike traditional green tea where the leaves are infused into hot water via tea bags then discarded, with Matcha you’re actually consuming the entire chlorophyll-rich leaves that have been handpicked, steamed, dried and finally ground into fine green powder.
The Matcha contains EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) – a very potent antioxidant. This antioxidant increases fat oxidation by 33%. EGCG inhibits fat cell development, increases fat excretion, and revs ups your metabolism.
The Matcha tea provides energy boost without the coffee crash headache, thanks to the relaxing properties of L-theanine. L-theanine counterbalances the jittery effects of caffeine.
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCG
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Enjoy its health benefits!
Source: matchasource.com / www.healthyfoodplans.com