During cold days we need to adjust our diet in order to protect ourselves from infections, bacteria, colds and flu. So, it’s very important to pay attention to what kind of food we consume and how do we consume it.
There is an amazing recipe for a soup that has also been known as a “medicine in a cup’’. This miraculous soup will protect you from any type of dangerous bacteria and will provide you with all the necessary nutrients .
The Traditional Chinese Medicine, has always claimed that every ingredient we consume relates to a specific function or part in our bodies. This means that every organism and body are not the same.This is one of the reasons why you need to understand and listen to the signs and symptoms that your body sends you and you need to give it the nutrients it lacks and needs.
This recipe is a powerful combination of ginger and garlic. The soup is very effective in protecting from flu, colds, sinus infections and various other diseases that can easily attack your body during the cold winter days.
During the winter period we want to eat something that can cause warming effects such as warm broths and soups, cinnamon or ginger. The ginger in the soup offers some warming effects on your body.
This is the recipe we told you about, the perfect combo of Ginger & Garlic, that can provide warming, wholesome and hearty effects and still taste delicious.
- Two cloves of garlic, peeled and finely diced
- Four green onions, also finely sliced
- Seven cups of chicken stock or broth (for vegetarians – vegetable stock)
- 50g of grated root ginger, finely sliced too
- And last but not least, one finely diced hot or medium-hot chili
- Chopped or whole mushrooms (optional)
- Put the Garlic, onions, mushrooms (if there are any) and the ginger in a big pan and put it on low heat for a few minutes, and saute them.
- Add the whole stock and continue to boil.
- Stir very gently, until all of the ingredients become soft.
- Finally, add the chopped chili, and stir for another 5 minutes. Serve the soup while it is warm. Combine it with lemon water and crusty bread. This will provide more anti-bacterial effects and improve your digestion too.