Burning fat doesn’t have to be hard and you don’t need to indulge in extreme methods for losing weight. Simple exercises like the reverse plank are amazing choice if you want to burn fat effectively. Except for burning fat, this exercise will also improve your posture. It is very easy to perform , you just need to follow the steps below and watch the video .
Reverse Plank Exercise
These are the steps you need to master in order to perfectly perform the reverse plank exercise :
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Place your palms with fingers spread wide, on the floor slightly behind and outside your hips.
- Press into your palms and lift your hips and torso toward the ceiling.
- Look up to the ceiling, point your toes and keep your arms and legs straight.
- Keep your entire body strong and form a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Squeeze your core and try to pull your belly button back toward your spine.
- If your hips sag or drop, lower yourself back to the floor.
Try these variations of the reverse plank as demonstrated in the plank exercise video below.
Plank Exercise Benefits
According to Dr. Mercola these are benefits of planking:
- Toned core- planking will help build your deep inner core muscles
- Reduced back pain- planking helps strengthen your back muscles, especially your upper back. Also, there is a direct correlation with increasing core muscle strength and decreased back pain.
- Flexibility- the muscles around your shoulders, collarbone and shoulder blades tend to expand and stretch when you plank, creating flexibility in those muscles.
- Improved balance and posture- Planking works all the muscles you need to maintain a proper posture, such as your back, shoulders, abs and neck. As you start to incorporate planks into your everyday routine, you’ll start standing up straighter.
It is very important to do this exercise correctly , because you may hurt yourself, so be careful.
Source: theheartysoul.com; tapoos.com