Everyone has some experience with lice in their lives. These tiny insects are extremely annoying and difficult to remove. They are usually spread by personal contact, sharing of brushes, caps or combs.
Head lice cause itching and even scalp sores. As much as they are frustrating , don’t worry because they are not dangerous. However, if you don’t remove them immediately they can multiply very fast and then the situation might go out of control.
In most of the cases, children are those who are prone to lice. Head lice are extremely common problem with both preschool and schoolchildren. It doesn’t mean that adults cannot get them, but this is not very often.
There are tons of shampoos available in the pharmacies and supermarkets and although they are expensive they can show no effect. If you have this experience and are fed up with ineffective products try this remedy. It is extremely effective when it comes to removing head lice.
- Shower cup or plastic bags
- White vinegar
- Lice comb
- Wash your head/ your child`s head with the mouthwash
- Cover the hair with a bathing cap or wrap it using a plastic bag
- Leave it work for an hour before removing the cap/ plastic bag
- Wash the hair with white vinegar, cover with a cap/ bag for additional hour
- Remove the cap and shampoo the hair with a shampoo you would normally use
- Comb the hair with a lice comb
How it works?
Mouthwash has a strong smell which keeps lice away while vinegar eliminates the eggs from the hair.
Sources: kidshealth.org; www.barenaturaltruth.com