It is popular as magic cake and its recipe is the most searched one on social media like Pinterest and Facebook. This is because it’s very easy to prepare . Although there are three layers the method of preparation is very simple.
The dough is baked in a bowl and there are three delicious layers: the top layer is biscuit layer, the middle is cream and the bottom layer is thick as a biscuit but there are no holes.
You need these ingredients to make the magic cake: eggs, flour, sugar, butter and milk. Magic happens because of the manner of adding the ingredients to the mixture. It is baked at a low temperature (150 degrees) for 50 minutes, during which the components themselves split into three layers.
You make the bottom layer by mixing the flour with the egg yolks. The cream is made by a mixture of flour and milk, while the upper layer is made by scrambled egg whites.
- 3 eggs
- 375 ml of milk
- 90gr flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 90 g sugar
- 90 g melted butter
- A spoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Separate the yolks from the whites and place them in separate bowls. Add a tablespoon of water and sugar. Stir well using a mixer.
- Stir until the mixture becomes homogeneous and gradually add the butter, Stir whille adding it. Next, add the flour and stir again.
- Add the salt and the vanilla extract and stir. Then, add the milk while stirring the mixture.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until you get solid snow. Add it to the first mixture and mix.
- Pour the mixture in round mold. Place in the oven at 150 degrees and let it bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the cake and sprinkle some sugar powder. You can cut the cake into triangles and serve.