Burns can be really painful. You need to act immediately if you want to soothe the pain. We can get a burn at home while cooking or during the summer when we expose ourselves too much on the sun and these burns are known as sunburns.
There are different kinds of remedies we can use to calm the inflammation. If we get minor sunburns it’s best to have a cold water shower or apply some cool milk compress or plain yogurt on the burnt area.
However, if the burn has gone through the upper layer of the skin and has become a second or a third degree burn, you should seek a professional medical treatment. In most of the cases, burns can be successfully treated at home with few problems. Nevertheless, if the burn is bad, it can soon become infected and lead to even more medical problems.
When it comes to treating minor burns at home, you can use one of the following home remedies.
- Honey or Egg Whites – In order to alleviate the burns apply some honey or egg white, it will make the healing process faster.
- Raw potatoes – Cut one potato in half and apply it to the burnt area. It has the same effect as running cold water over the burn
- Tomatoes– Tomatoes consist of lycopene an ingredient that has the ability of absorbing the heat and healing the sin,
- Tea (tea bag) – You can use the actual liquid tea, or the used tea bag for the treatment of a minor burn. You can also prepare a paste out of water and baking soda, and apply it onto the burn so that you alleviate the pain it causes.
- Baking soda – prepare a paste out of water and baking soda, and apply it onto the burn so that you alleviate the pain .
- Aloe vera gel– It is certainly the best natural ingredient you can use for treating and soothing burns of any type. Just pinch off one of the aloe vera leaves and squeeze the gel onto the burned area on your skin. Not only is aloe vera beneficial for treating burns, but it has numerous other health benefits for treating other conditions as well.
- Vinegar – This is another household item that can help you a lot to heal your burns at home, and that is vinegar. The vinegar is also useful for taking the sting out of the burn, as well as for soothing bug bites, another common summer ailment.
There are many other ingredients you can use but theses proved to be the most effective. Do you know any other way of calming burns?