If you want a healthy body there must be an alkaline state in which the body is functioning. However, as a result of following an unhealthy diet, stress and environmental factors people nowadays have more acidic bodies. The more acidic your body is the greater the chance of having fatigue, digestive issues and weight gain. Put it in a different way, if your body environment is too acidic for a longer period of time your healthy cells might become toxic or in worst scenario even cancerous.
Facts and numbers
- In fact, the pH scale ranges from 0 to 14. In addition, 0 means the most acidic body, 7 neutral, whereas 14 means the most alkaline.
- The human body thrives in a slightly alkaline environment, i.e., 7.4. of the pH scale.
- However, different organs and systems actually thrive with different pH levels. To be more specific, whereas the saliva has 6.5-7.0 pH value, the skin has 5 pH value.
- The digestive tract’s pH value can vary from 1.5 to 7.0, since it depends on various factors, mainly the food you consume.
Why Is It Very Important to Stay Alkaline?
Dr. Otto Warburg received The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1931, as a result of his finding that an acidic environment triggers 90-95% of all cancer types and cancer is not able to grow or survive in an alkaline environment when the pH level is about 7.36.
Due to this discovery, there are a lot of studies that determined the various foods and beverages pH levels and how they work in the human body, i.e., resulting in its acidity or alkalinity.
Around 100 years ago, Dr. Warburg found that over-acidity is associated with the development of osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and most of the chronic diseases.
How Can You Find Out if Your Body is Very Acidic:
There are 2 easy methods to find out if your body is acidic: use common pH paper to do a saliva test, or in case you experience these chronic symptoms:
- Persistent fatigue
- Constant feeling of difficulty breathing
- Muscle cramping or pain after walking short distances
- Easily running out of breath
If your pH level decreases, then your body naturally tries to control itself by storing overly acidic substances in your liver, kidneys, and lungs, in order to maintain an optimal pH level from 7.35 to 7.45.
But, these acidic substances could start attacking your healthy cells, thus making them to become toxic, damaged and abnormal.
If this problems is not addressed for too long, these cells can grow uncontrollably, i.e., metastasize, as well as spread to other body parts or organs.
It may be as a result of your too acidic diet
Our 21st-century diet, which includes highly processed foods, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine is actually one of the major culprits of chronic acidosis. What’s more, the additives, growth hormones, and pesticides that are used in the production of our food are too acidic to our bodies, as well.
Besides making certain dietary changes, one of the perfect methods to counter this is to flush your body using alkaline water.
Alkaline Water Recipe
- A large glass jar
- 2l of purified water
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt
- Start by filling the glass jar with the water.
- Next, the lemon should be sliced and added to the water along with the Himalayan salt.
- Then, the jar should be covered and left to sit at room temperature from twelve to twenty four hours.
- Finally, consume 3 glasses of this alkaline water on an empty stomach. It is always advisable to drink it first thing in the morning prior to consuming anything else.
Of course, this alkaline water can be also consumed throughout the day. After some period of time, you will start feeling more energized, your brain will become more alert as well as your skin will become clearer. In general, you will feel more alive.
In case you drink this alkaline water along with a much healthier and balanced diet, by avoiding processed and sugary foods, additives, etc., there is no doubt that you will become much healthier.