Have you ever seen what a banana flower looks like? And do you know that consuming banana flower has numerous health benefits? The following are some of them:
Makes stronger the uterus
It relives the constipation
Keeps control of the menstrual cycle
Gives out better function of the kidneys
Lowers the high blood pressure
Represents an excellent food for lactating moms and people with diabetes
In what way can you consume banana flower?
Banana flower curry is as unique in taste as it sounds. Not many people are familiar with this recipe but you can learn how to make it at home by following our authentic recipe guide.
The recipe is native to Tamil Nadu, Kerala and parts of Bengal. The recipe is loved by people in these Indian states for its health properties.
This Indian recipe involves simple saute technique. Banana flower is sauteed with curry leaves in coconut oil and the recipe gets ready in a short time.
You’ll need to follow the next steps:
• Boil the banana flower pieces for 7 mins. Strain the water.
• Take a frying pan and put 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• Then put a couple of mustard seeds and wait until it sputters.
• Add a couple of sliced onions and chilies and fry it well.
• Finally add the banana flower pieces
• You also need to add some hing, salt, curry leaves, coriander powder and turmeric to spice it up
• In the end pour some water inside the pan, cover it with a lid and cook for 5 minutes . Stir nicely and the banana flower curry is ready for consuming.