Bras’ basic function is to hold the breasts in place as well as prevent premature breasts sagging. Bras are also supposed to make women feel more comfortable, especially women who have larger breasts. However, according to many studies ‘’medically, physiologically, and anatomically, the breasts gain nothing from being denied gravity.’’
So, what are the disadvantages and negative effects of wearing a bra?
- In contrary of the common belief, breasts become saggier
- Bras are bad for blood circulation
- Bras don’t help in lowering back pain.
- The development of supporting breast tissue is stopped
- Bras stop the process of collagen production and elasticity in breasts.
- Women who experience pain when wearing bras are twice as likely to develop breast cancer
- ‘’Bras cause congestion in the lymph nodes – a vital part of the immune system and the body’s first line of defense against the spread of cancer’’ according to the medical anthropologist Sydney Singer.
- According to a female participant in a bra-related research, not wearing a bra helped her breathe better.
Although women may be skeptical to these findings, and they won’t give up on wearing bras, they should at least consider the health risks and don’t wear bras that often. Or at least they should invest in higher quality bra that will be more comfortable and won’t cause any pain.
Ladies, do you agree?