The mouth ulcers are very unpleasant, and they cause great pain and discomfort.
They can appear as a result of various reasons. The most common ones are:
- When you accidentally bite your mouth and cheek.
- The most usual reason or unhygienic dental conditions.
- When you have vitamin deficiencies especially of vitamin B12, C, or iron.
- If you have hormonal imbalance.
- Ulcers can appear as a sign of an underlying disease conditions.
- If you suffer from some kind of skin disease, etc.
There are usually two types of ulcers:
These are the most common ones (in 80% of the cases), also known as – aphthous stomatitis. In order to be healed and disappear they need about seven to ten days.
They occur in only 10% of the cases of minor ulcers. They are also called – aphthous ulceration. Usually, they combine with smaller ulcers and result in a bigger one causing a lot of pain.
You can find many pastes and medicines for treating ulcers in the pharmacy, but also there are many effective natural ways in dealing with this problem.
- Gargle with a glass of cold water and a glass of lukewarm water alternately. You can also make a gargle with a coconut milk – repeat the procedure 3-5 times / day.
- Aloe Vera is very efficient natural remedy for this problem. Take 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel, three times a day.
- Coriander seeds are another solution. Add 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds in a cup of water and boil. Gargle while the drink is still warm, and repeat this 3 to 4 times a day.
- In the same way, prepare a drink or tea using fenugreek leaves. In two cups of water boil two cups of fenugreek leaves. After it’s strained, let it cool and gargle 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can chew 5-6 holly basil leaves, and then drink some water right a way. Repeat this 3-4 times / day.
- Salt water mouthwash can also be helpful. You just need to dissolve ½ teaspoon of salt in one cup of water. Use the solution to gargle.
- Whenever you have an ulcer – try to eat as many raw tomatoes, or just use tomato juice to gargle.
- Another effective juice is the cranberry juice. You just need to hold it in your mouth for some time.
- Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of glycerin on the affected area. You will be amazed by the quick results.
- Prepare a paste of honey and turmeric: mix one teaspoon of honey and ¼ teaspoon turmeric. Rub the paste in the painful place.
Other additional tips.
- Try to brush your teeth using soft toothbrush.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods, hard foods and drinks like tea or coffee.
- Be careful when you drink cold drinks. Use a straw.