Recently there are a lot of health articles that emphasize that milk products are harmful and that we need to replace them with healthier options. These healthier options are milks made from different seeds and nuts. Among them is the soy milk. However soy milk is not a healthy choice. Take a look at the following reasons why to avoid it :
TOP TEN REASONS TO AVOID SOY MILK
- Soybeans contain hemagglutinin, a substance which causes clots, and this leads to red blood cells clumping.
- This plant contains plant estrogens as well, AKA phytoestrogens, which inhibit endocrine function and have been linked to breast cancer and infertility in women.
- Soy foods are known to abound in toxic aluminum, which has a damaging effect on the kidneys, the nervous system and have also been related to the incidence of Alzheimer’s.
- Soybeans are rich in natural toxins known as “antinutrients” and drinking just 2 glasses of soy milk a day can negatively affect the menstrual cycle in women.
- You should also know that in the production process the delicate soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures, with the purpose of producing textured vegetable protein and soy protein isolate which poses a serious threat to your health.
- Scientific studies have shown that the consumption of soy increases your body’s need of vitamin D and B12.
- Have you heard of toxic isoflavones? Soy abounds in them, but you need to know that some of these isoflavones, like daidzein and genistein may trigger existent breast cancer growth which is especially dangerous for patients suffering from breast cancer.
- 99% of soy is GMO, as it is one of the mostly pesticide- contaminated food.
- Soy contains a compound similar to vitamin B12 which your body is unable to process. Consuming soy products may lead to a vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Soy and soy products contains large amounts of phytic acid, which prevents the digestion of copper, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
The Dangers of Carrageenan Present in Soy Milk
Many studies have confirmed that the food-grade carrageenan in soy milk is able to cause ulceration, colon cancer, gastrointestinal inflammation, and lesions in lab rats, and this is quite disturbing. American Diabetes Association explains that a new research has discovered a connection between insulin and glucose resistance in lab rats and the use of food-grade carrageenan.
The facts in this post are probably enough for you to realize that soy and soy products are extremely dangerous for your overall health. Therefore, we recommend stop consuming them as soon as possible!