Quenepa or popularly known as Spanish lime is the fruit you’ll want to get as soon as possible after you learn about its health benefits. Its origins are from South America and it can be found in Central America and the Caribbean.
It is thought to be a combination of lime and lychee and it has a sour and sweet taste at the same time. It is usually combined with lime, chilly and a pinch of salt.
As to its health benefits it is extremely effective in treating insomnia and boosting the brain function.
This amazing fruit is rich in various nutrients, such as:
- Amino acids;
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12;
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic);
Due to its high amounts of fiber, this fruit is effective in preventing high cholesterol levels and chronic constipation.
Quenepa is also great in the prevention of chronic constipation and in maintaining normal cholesterol levels. This results from its high amounts of fiber.
Moreover, quenepa, due to its high amounts of vitamin C and A ,boosts the immune system and prevents the formation of urinary tract stones.
This fruit balances the hormones, helps digestion, heals asthma issues, and lowers blood pressure because it contains phosphorus.
It is also high in minerals such as calcium, which strengthens the teeth and bones, and numerous antioxidants which prevent free radical damage and cancer.
According to experts quenepa contains a phenolic compound which strengthens the immune system and prevents heart diseases.
- Eliminates parasites;
- Prevents bronchitis and the flu;
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents bacterial buildup in the body;
- Treats and prevents kidney problems;
- Stimulates red blood cell production, preventing anemia;
- Improves the reproductive system’s function;
- Soothes gum infections;
- Prevents and treats urinary and lung infections;
- Reduces high cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- treats skin issues;
- Treats constipation;
It is obvious that this fruit is extremely beneficial for the overall health due to its high content of essential nutrients. So, don’t wait and implement it in your diet and enjoy its benefits.