Fresh, cold and tasty! What a better way for freshening up but by having an ice-cream. We present you 3 simple and healthy recipes of popsicles you can do at your home.
Fruit ‘n’ Yogurt Swirl Pops
You will need:
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen fruit
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar (only if using fresh fruit)
- 2 c. vanilla yogurt
- Ice pop molds
- 10 ice pop sticks
- Purée the fruit (and sugar, if using fresh fruit) using a food processor until smooth. Pour into a resealable bag or squeeze bottle.
- Put the yogurt into a resealable bag or squeeze bottle. If you use resealable bags, snip off a corner from each. Another way is to squeeze the yogurt and purée into the molds to create swirls. Insert sticks and freeze overnight.
Kiwi Ice Pops
For making these popsicles you will need:
- 4 kiwis
- 1¾ c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. fresh lime juice
- First make a syrup: Make a combination of 1 cup of water with the sugar in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil. Then leave it to cool.
- Make the ice pops: Cut the kiwis in quarters by using a paring knife. Peel them and remove the seeds and the white core. Next, pace them in a food processor (with a metal blade) and mix until it is liquid. In a large bowl put the pureed kiwi, ¾ cup of syrup, lime juice and ¾ cup of water. Pour this mixture into the molds and store it in the fridge (about 6 hours)
Orange-Banana Smoothie Pops
- 2 large bananas
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 container Greek yogurt
- 67 c. thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Blend the bananas, lime zest, fresh lime juice, thawed orange juice concentrate and one Greek yogurt
- Pour into six 3-ounce mold. Freeze for about 4 hours until smoothie pops are solid.
- To release pops, dip molds into hot water until pops loosen and slide out. If using cups, peel away paper.
Enjoy and tell us your experience. 🙂