The King Of Oils or Frankincense oil has a long history as a precious essential oil. In the Ancient times it was used by the Egyptians, Babylonians and Assyrians in their religious ceremony.
Frankincense is taken from Boswellia serrata (a plant that produces Indian frankincense) and it is extracted from the bark of the tree. The milky-white sap quickly hardens to a resin and then it is scraped off the tree in the form of pear-shaped droplets. The color and the quality of this resin varies greatly – from the highest quality (clear and silvery in color) to the lowest (of a brown-yellow hue).
Today, this essential oil, acquired by steam distillation of the resin, is widely used and holds great therapeutic value.
Frankincense oil benefits:
- Helps with wounds from cuts, scrapes, and burns. For more effective results apply Lavender essential oil first then layer Frankincense on top. The combination of these two oils together is amazing when it comes to helping with wound.
- Neurological support. It helps with the function of the central nervous system in particular. Whether it is helping with clarity of thinking, or balancing the emotions, the frankincense oil has a lot of benefits to offer.
- Reduces and fades scars. Just combine 2-3 drops of frankincense oil with coconut oil, and directly apply it on your skin.
- Boosts the immune system. It may sounds strange but what you can do to improve your immune system is to massage a few drops onto your feet daily .You can also diffuse it throughout your home or in your bedroom at night.
- Reduces stress and anxious feelings. Frankincense oil promotes relaxation and feeling of calmness. You can simply rub a few drops on the back of the neck when you feel stressed.
- Hormone balance and improved Memory Frankincense can help in balancing hormones and improving memory.
- Skin rejuvenator Mix a few drops of the Frankincense with unscented oil (like coconut) and apply to your skin. You can also add a drop of Frank to your daily moisturizer.
- Relieves Head tension. Frankincense can be used to relieve conditions where pain and tension are present.
- Congestion. Put up to 6 drops in a sink or bowl filled with hot water. Then bend over the sink with towel draped over your head to contain the steam. Breathe in the vapors for at least five minutes, adding more hot water as needed. Be careful not to scald yourself; the water should be hot, not boiling.
- Relieves itching. A single drop applied to the affected area – it will bring immediate relief.
- Relieves joint pain and swelling. Mix with a carrier and rub into aching joints at night before bed and throughout the day
- Removes musty odors. Just place couple of drops in small dish of water, and the room will take on a much fresher smell.
- Oral Health: Useful as preventative measure against oral health problems such as bad breath, toothaches, cavities,canker sores, and other infections. Try mixing with baking soda and coconut oil to make your own toothpaste.
- Promotes sleep Diffuse frankincense at bedtime to help you slow down your breathing and relieve nervous tension and anxiety.