Avocados nowadays are very popular and are considered as one of the healthiest foods. Given their rich nutritional profile: they contain about 20 vitamins and minerals, healthy fats, fiber, folic acid, potassium, vitamin E and B vitamins, it’s no wonder they provide a variety of health benefits.
- Avocados are good for the heart since they contain beta-sitosterol which has shown to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin K in avocados promotes bone health, so avocados are also good for osteoporosis prevention
- Due to its nutrients, regular consumption of avocados promotes vision
- Regular consumption of avocados also reduces the risk of neural tube effects and miscarriage
- Rich in folates, they lower the risk of depression
- The phytochemicals extracted from avocados are capable of inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells.
All of you that consume avocados regularly are aware of the following problem: they tend to get brown too quickly. Fortunately there are several ways of extending their ripeness and maintain their color.
One of the tips for maintaining the green color of avocado is by squeezing lemon juice over the avocado or wrapping on the surface. However, most of them have not proved efficient. The avocados soon turn brownish.
If you are looking for a super efficient way to extend their ripeness and maintain their color read on!
Place the avocado halves face down into a 1/2 –inch pool of water in an airtight container. Close the lid and put the container in the refrigerator. Your avocado will stay green for up to three days!
It ‘s very simple, but it certainly works! Even more, the same trick can be used for after your avocado has been made into guacamole.
- Put the guacamole in an airtight container, and make sure you press the air bubbles out.
- Sprinkle a little bit of lukewarm water over the guacamole.
- Close the lid and put it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- When you are going to eat it, pour out the water and stir it to mix in any moisture.
In addition we give you the perfect guacamole recipe :
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- Use a hand-held mixer or food processor to mash the avocado.
- Add in the lime, cilantro and garlic for flavor.
- In the end add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly